Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Pilgrimage to St. Višarje

Print
Irina1. 01. 2012 22:31:00
The better equipped went for higher peaks, we infinitely enjoyed at St. Višarje.
The group decided for skiing, Luna and I decided to head to the top on foot. The lower part of the ski slope is closed due to lack of snow, so our fluffy one had the white fields all to herself.
Of course, I didn't reach Rozka's time, but we arrived at the top and I was very proud.
St. Višarje are very dear to me, they have their charm and some special energy.
Sv. Višarje - without this photo you simply can't go back to the valley1
Mangart - how it basked in the sun2
And in pair with Jalovec3
Cute snowman4
And heading home - Stol in the last sun rays5
(+7)like
rozka2. 01. 2012 16:41:49
Hahaha Irina... the important thing is that you enjoyed on the top, even if you walked up all dayvelik nasmeh... we missed each other by one daymežikanje
(+1)like
Irina2. 01. 2012 17:35:32
Rozka, thanks!. We really enjoyed and had so much "work" on the way that it really could happen that we use the whole day for the ascent.
If we missed this time, maybe we'll meet some other time. Until then happy on all paths.
(+2)like
IgorZlodej3. 01. 2012 15:31:25
Finally some snow fell, so I could go on skis already from Žabnica on the pilgrimage path. To Višarska planina there was already about 40 cm of new snow and as expected it collected in the dogs' paws. Forgot to grease the dogszadrega. At the top nothing new. Down I skied on the ski slope, which is groomed halfway, lower part on ungroomed. I skied to the car, but it was more miserablezadrega.
the dog's spoor was already laid1
some drive up, but walk down2
at Višarska planina3
Beraški križ4
two flletni Austrians were behind me all the time :-))5
how beautiful winter is6
even if it's a gray, cloudy day7
snapshot8
at Mešnik I eat pasta, drink beers and the sun comes out outside9
Višarska idyll10
Kamniti lovec is currently inaccessible, III. degree of snow avalanche danger11
Snapshot12
(+1)like
otiv3. 01. 2012 16:35:26
From the pictures it looks pretty nice, not miserable at all, especially if I compare to today's weather in the capital.nasmehmežikanje
Good luck!
(+2)like
IgorZlodej3. 01. 2012 16:38:44
Yes of course it was nice, I like winter in all shades, even the foggy, snowy and windy one, I rated skiing miserablezavijanje z očmi.
(+1)like
majčica4. 01. 2012 08:12:24
Wow there's really not so little snow up there. Yeah winter is so beautiful, especially when dressed in a white blanketnasmeh.Good luck on new pathsmežikanje
like
sla4. 01. 2012 08:28:36
Super! I've been waiting for such a report :-) Now I'll go on pilgrimage, and we'll even try higher towards Lovec :-)
like
garmont4. 01. 2012 08:33:40
Does the 3rd degree of avalanche danger mean nothing!?zmeden
like
sla4. 01. 2012 08:37:15
I'm not heading to Višarje now. There are still a few days until Saturday for the snow to settle. And even that is questionable whether there will be suitable weather and conditions and time for such a tour then....
like
zamet4. 01. 2012 19:33:36
Well, today my colleague and I also dashed to Višarje, early in the morning on the ski slope before the first skiers we were already up so we didn't bother them, weather was probably better yesterday for a change but skiing was probably better judging by the lower end where the snow was frozen and it didn't go to the bottom, because there's really little snow down there.
On the way home we casually jumped to Velika (mala) planina, there were already different conditions: fog, snow, but nice.
1
This is how today's day turned out2
3
Viš and Montaž4
Quite a few of us gathered and more were still coming.5
6
7
and some more from Velika8
9
It's snowing but the dog is wagging its tail.10
little kidney11
this is how the day was ending12
(+1)like
sla9. 01. 2012 08:51:48
On Saturday we went on pilgrimage to St. Višarje. The expedition fully succeeded, as there were as many as 9 babes. Three of us also visited Kamnitega lovca. The track was already laid and even skied down towards the road. Entry into the gully before Lovec summit was annoying, because it wasn't filled with snow and I barely scrambled over. Then some Austrian without crampons and ice axe found passage left on the summer path (I didn't know there was a rope there, because last year everything was nicely snow-covered) and got his woman over, who had only poles for gear....
(+1)like
Laščan25. 01. 2012 20:00:50
Question from a pedestrian. Which starting point or which path is most suitable for approach in winter conditions? Best regards and thanks!
like
Laščan25. 01. 2012 20:18:46
Thanks Turbo for the turbo reply!
like
dedo2428. 01. 2012 19:21:30
Is there enough snow to head to Višarje with touring skis?
like
mmcajna16. 03. 2012 11:06:17
What is the path to Holy Višarje like? Is there still some snow and which path do you recommend for a tour for 8 60-year-olds? Thanks for the answer.
like
Lj16. 03. 2012 16:20:27
Last month I was at Višarje on the pilgrimage path from Žabnice (Camporosso), description found among outings. The path is wide, also steep, but not exposed. Since it is mostly in shade and smoothed by many hikers and touring skiers, I assume it's still icy (I walked safely with "shoe chains" from Veriga Lesce). I recommend this path, take crampons along. But I don't know what connection this tour has with years zavijanje z očmiI know some 60-year-olds and older who can easily reach Višarje and many 20-year-olds who can't reach Šmarna gora. Go boldly and good luck! nasmeh
(+1)like
Dominic17. 03. 2012 10:20:17
Nicely written, especially the last line holds like nailed down.! he he.
LP
(+1)like
hribovska28. 04. 2012 13:49:37
My wish to visit this pilgrimage village came true yesterday, on the path there's quite some snow that starts quite low, it's soft, at the top it's quite a lot in places nasmehviews very far around, because the day was very nice for an outing nasmeh
start of the path1
gliders2
waterfalls3
dilapidated cottage4
another waterfall5
cross by the path6
the summit appears7
such mushrooms grow by the path8
snow on the path9
on Višarska planina10
teloh is awakening11
mighty Mangart12
svišč13
village14
15
16
17
18
19
(+2)like
zamet28. 04. 2012 15:31:19
Are there already masses in the church, if not, does anyone know when they start?
like
Page:12345678
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies