Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Road to Vrata

Print
Trobec23. 07. 2024 22:57:47
If I remember some famous ad a bit...

2 days parking in Vrata: 50€
Sleeping with half-board at Kredarica: 60€
Beer at Kredarica: 8(?)€
100+ likes on selfie from the roof of Slovenia: priceless!

Some things can't be bought...for everything else there's Mastercard zadregaeek
(+14)like
Kafetarca24. 07. 2024 13:16:13
Turbo, that seems a bit suspicious to me that it's free there. There must be some catch...
(+1)like
Koleraba24. 07. 2024 20:08:59
Does anyone know if it's still possible to park in Poldov rov?
(+2)like
jax24. 07. 2024 21:20:43
@kafetarca
About a month ago it was actually free. True, that was still before high season, so maybe they've arranged something there now too.
like
Stoick24. 07. 2024 22:03:01
I'm interested if parking can be a problem on the weekend if you're not really early?
like
Trobec25. 07. 2024 08:05:27
@koleraba, yes it is, where P. is. But it can be full already very early in the morning. Little space.
(+1)like
dprapr25. 07. 2024 13:11:40
There's enough space, just too many visitors. Similar to healthcare. nasmeh
(+1)like
Goskar27. 07. 2024 20:05:03
Today my wife and I headed to Dovški Križ from Vrata. I have to admit I was a bit scared because of all the parking fuss in Vrata, so we preferred to take the bus from Mojstrana. The timetable is posted on the Kranjska Gora municipality link.

https://kranjska-gora.si/novice/turisticni-avtobus-v-kranjski-gori

The experience itself was very positive. Maybe just a comment, for the return we got on at the first stop at the end of Vrata and the bus was full, so it couldn't take anyone else on the whole route. On the tour we didn't meet a living soul. Don't know if it's because people are avoiding Vrata a bit, as 2 years ago bivouac 2 was full.

To describe the parking regime as the bus driver explained it to me. Before entering Vrata there's a barrier which isn't operational yet. Parking fee is collected only at the end of Vrata because only there is the machine, price 5€/h or 25€/full day. If parking somewhere by the road, it's still free, but be aware that parking is prohibited on unmarked spots on the entire Vrata route, so you're in violation. Today no fines were issued.

From mid-September a new regime is expected.
(+3)like
gkost12329. 07. 2024 11:50:09
What about Kot valley, can you get there normally without paying?

Is there any free parking around Mojstrana, so you walk a bit to the bus?

What if you leave the car on some narrow parking spot by the road above Peričnik? Is that allowed?
like
gkost12329. 07. 2024 11:57:27
Ps; how about off-season? Can you park in Vrata without paying a million euros?
(+1)like
dragonar2. 08. 2024 13:07:56
Turbo what do you think about that, well I would too since I've been to Vrata for free 40+ years, I went to UKC Lj. Well at the doctor's time means nothing I was a good seven hours did nothing invoice 24€. So.. too many of us somehow this needs solving but I don't know how the "authorities" will arrange it, internet doesn't know everything anyway. Once again parking meter doesn't appeal to me either
(+1)like
Tomco11. 08. 2024 23:17:11
PZS has responded to the topic:
https://www.pzs.si/novice.php?pid=17237
like
korl12. 08. 2024 09:56:04
Why do I love this forum so much?
Because I learn something small even about the mountains. But mainly it's fun in a "couch potato" way.

From the writing you can make a nice analysis of forum users even without AI:

- Most users are convinced that all parking lots in the mountains and in Ljubljana should be free

- Most users believe that all mountain parking lots and passes in Italy and Austria are free

- Most users are convinced that PZS and of course Ljubljanans are mainly to blame for charging tolls and parking fees in the mountains

- Most users think that PZS should better maintain hiking trails and regulate order also in commercial huts managed by tenants.

- Most users despite using hiking trails and huts think that PZS membership is wasted money, but Alpenverein membership is an excellent investment in the future.

- Most users who constantly explain here that everything is bad at home and everything excellent abroad, despite saying otherwise, still create crowds at all our paid parking lots, including Bohinj and Ljubljana

- Most users who praise working and living conditions across the border still drive to work and shopping to Ljubljana and help create daily crowds on the ring road

Most users of this forum will just laugh at these findings. But the loudest as always and everywhere - the minority
(+14)like
jprim12. 08. 2024 11:09:53
@korl
Well you are a big shot.zavijanje z očmi
LP!
(+2)like
Trobec12. 08. 2024 11:26:52
Yeah... majority of users are obviously right on most things.

But there are also some (of course not majority) who try to convince us that most passes in Dolomites are paid. Or try to present it as fact. No problem... some also try to present flat earth as fact...cool
(+5)like
dprapr12. 08. 2024 11:32:30
They said on Friday's radio show that we will have to come to terms with it. Maybe they also meant flat earth. nasmeh
(+3)like
mirank12. 08. 2024 12:38:33
Paid parking also at the starting point for Jerebica from It. What locals think about it nicely illustrates the inscription on the price board-thieves, robbers or crooks would be in our languagemežikanje
(+2)like
megalodon12. 08. 2024 12:38:39
Usually I don't get into such debates, this time I'll add my pot.
As the previous wrote, I can confirm from first hand (not hear-say). Three years in a row in Dolomites 5 days each, every day to some mountains, paid parking only 1X! And that only because in the morning I wasn't paying attention to the slightly lower free parking, which would extend our hike by about 5 min.
No problem for me to pay parking e.g. most often in Završnica or at Prtovč (where they've raised prices a bit lately jezen), but e.g. 20 € for Vogar and 25 € for Vrata zavijanje z očmi.
And also, if I already pay (although I honestly pay taxes to the state and municipality and something could be financed from that) I think the parking should at least have WC and drinking water (which e.g. Završnica parking has, praise).
Hawk, I was talking mežikanje
(+13)like
Trobec12. 08. 2024 13:04:22
Not even Zajzera is paid, checked on Saturday. At the customs there's a big red sign "chiuso" (closed).
(+4)like
Lukito12. 08. 2024 13:20:25
Parking lots at Polish/Czech border - Karkonosze ridge, from Polish side:

Entry to national park 2EUR (locals show ID and it's free).

Parking fee 4-8EUR per day, or about 25-50 cents per hour, depending on where.
(+4)like
Page:123...2021222324...303132
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies