Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Alpinism School

Print
ljubitelj gora11. 09. 2013 10:35:25
It's started
1
like
JusAvgustin11. 09. 2013 10:40:14
like
tol18. 09. 2013 10:25:58
AO Domžale

http://www.pdd.si/2013/09/13/alpinisticna-sola/

More info on tel.: 040 995 500 or at aodomzale[at]gmail.com or on AO Domžale website.
like
VesnaM18. 09. 2013 11:00:37
hi, I'm interested in how the theoretical and practical part usually goes in AO?
during the week I'm in Lj because I study (afternoon or evening I always have time), on weekends I'm at work in my home town .. so I don't know how I'd manage all this..Lp
like
JusAvgustin18. 09. 2013 11:04:15
Usually practical exercises are done on weekends and then also group tours. Theory during the week. At least at ours (AO Radovljica) it's like that. Weekends are quite busy nasmeh

LP
like
Kaja273718. 09. 2013 13:03:58
At our place (AAO) we have exercises and lectures during the week (Tuesday+Thursday, afternoon). Trips are on weekends though.
(+1)like
ljubitelj gora18. 09. 2013 22:06:36
This is better than AO for those who have too much climbing and too little hiking:

http://pdkranj.si/2013/09/12/sola-varnega-gibanja-v-gorah/#more-519
1
(+6)like
JusAvgustin19. 09. 2013 14:09:00
same old songmežikanje
like
RomanS25. 09. 2013 19:30:39
Alpinism Section Rašica invites to introductory meeting and enrollment in alpinism school, which will be on 3.10.2013, at Prušnikova 99, at 18:30.

Basic info and program on the website:
Alpinism School Rašica

Pre-registrations here:

Alpinism School - registrations
Mountaineering school1
like
tol25. 09. 2013 21:32:45
@LG

Nowadays nothing is free...if you had the desire, the will...you'd have a nice little piggy bank. It would build up slowly.

Yeah gear costs. But once you have it, it serves its purpose for quite a while...

YEAH winter is especially "expensive"...save up, get by, eventually it'll be fine....

Compared to skiing in winter, this hill crawling is totally affordable sport...no need to buy brands...

In short, where there's a will there's a way.
(+2)like
tol26. 09. 2013 10:51:27
Look, you don't have to buy all the gear at the start all at once.

For the beginning you need harness, crampons, helmet, some sling, couple quickdraws and some winter boots plus clothes.

But if you've been hiking hills a bit before, you already have quite a bit at home. The rest you usually borrow from the section or mates from the section. At "strong" sections you can borrow harness, helmet, ice axe, rope,... so the only cost is driving to group trips mežikanje

I don't know what you expect? Someone to pay for your alpinism school and sponsor the gear?
(+1)like
Zebdi26. 09. 2013 16:16:38
Hah, but the guy is right about the ice axe. 50 eur for an ice axe seemed a tad too much to me, so we made our own with mates. Regular carpenter's hammer from Baumax, 10 min with angle grinder, meter of sling and some prusik... voila. Back then for less than 15 EUR velik nasmeh
(+6)like
Jure S26. 09. 2013 18:44:37
LG, when I enrolled in AS, I only had boots, crampons, one hiking ice axe and a big desire for climbing. Until you have a big desire for climbing, it's pointless nagging up here on the forum how everything is expensive.
We nicely borrowed the rest of the gear from the section and among ourselves. You won't be able to join all activities anyway, I focused most on lectures and practical weekends. Regarding the hammer, you won't need it while you're a student, for exam prep you can borrow from some alpinist. For the very start you need climbing harness, 4 quickdraws, 2 different prusiks and rock shoes plus some sling. The school leader will tell you at the start what you need. Wait for the rest of the gear.

When you gather enough will for climbing, just enroll in AS.

Best, Jure
(+6)like
JusAvgustin10. 10. 2013 16:44:17
Welcome!
1
like
AnzeKozjek26. 03. 2014 15:51:48
Nice greeting!

I'm interested if there are maybe shorter courses just for summer climbing and not alpinism courses that last the whole year (I mean half a year or whatever) and include winter techniques?? That take place say in summer....

Thanks! nasmeh

like
AnzeKozjek26. 03. 2014 15:56:22
I'm talking about alpinism climbing, not sport...
like
neph26. 03. 2014 16:10:26
Some places organize solo sport climbing schools, where climbing long sport routes is also covered. Anyway, I doubt that all necessary procedures or maneuvers that are good to know for climbing long (alpinistic) routes are shown there. I suggest you join one of the alpinism schools, the winter part is also very interesting.

Ps. A literally short course doesn't count, because it's a pretty complex set of knowledge.
(+1)like
AnzeKozjek26. 03. 2014 18:19:04
Aha... for summer I'm thinking of joining some course, since I have a bit more time than during the school year.... I'd like maybe to climb some easier variant II/III already this summer, of course with someone who's already an alpinist and masters everything... but probably gotta do the alpinism school first...?
like
timotej9318. 08. 2014 10:04:20
Hello. I plan to enroll in alpinism school, so I'm curious if anyone has experiences with Radovljica alpinism school, as it's close to me. I would be grateful for your experiences, approximate price and approximate equipment needed for the start.
Thanks for the information!
like
JusAvgustin18. 08. 2014 10:14:34
I forwarded the message to the section leader...

LP, Juš
(+4)like
Page:123...78910111213
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies