Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Clothing for hiking in the mountains

Print
serajko22. 10. 2011 22:31:51
A bit more nostalgia
True, the rucksack isn't green but already imported from ČSSR
the shoes are the real ones from Alpina (shot on Storžič far in the previous century)
1
like
Irina23. 10. 2011 00:25:08
Let me add my "memories" too. Ascent on Grossglockner.

Knitted pullover from home wool, of course, same color knee-highs, velvet shorts, red Porenta rucksack, leather shoes well smeared with pig fat and crampons with straps. In background ice axe with wooden grip.
Sometimes it was like that1
like
damijanp23. 10. 2011 14:15:52
Well, also such summer "tourist" gear was relevant ...

1
like
Parkeljc23. 10. 2011 14:54:16
Hahaha "damijanp", if this isn't the winner,... velik nasmehvelik nasmehvelik nasmeh
like
geppo23. 10. 2011 15:04:47
He, he and two more of mine from before cca. 30 years
- Toprov yellow rucksack
- reworked shorts from jeans (thick-ribbed velvet)
- red knee socks
Ojstrica1
Ridge before the summit of Mrzla gora2
Across the scree towards the Krofička ridge3
(+1)like
GregorC23. 10. 2011 15:22:07
damijanpvelik nasmehvelik nasmehvelik nasmehvelik nasmeh
geppo do you have a carpenter's hammer in your hand in the first pic?velik nasmeh
like
JusAvgustin23. 10. 2011 15:48:11
backpack from old dad
1
like
geppo23. 10. 2011 15:48:48
velik nasmehvelik nasmeh
I barely saved marks for ice axe and this ice hammer (both still serve me today). Without this hammer I'd hardly make that traverse in Kopinškova then, which was still very snowy. Made steps returned to buddy gave him hammer to cross. Then went back without anything for hammer carried it back to other buddy waiting and so on...That's how we played with life back thenvelik nasmehvelik nasmeh
smallest mistake would mean landing much lower...
like
JusAvgustin23. 10. 2011 15:59:09
Definitely you were at least one realization crazier back then than now. Otherwise trend went towards perfecting gear clothes and technique. In 1979 Lucifer climbed precisely Jan 20 79 unimaginable feat then... May 21 78` Devil's Gully in Prisank skied with spearseek not even mentioning Pallavicini 78`... Nostalgia getting you huh? But no one has those I-don't-know-what-it-eats pumps anymore. I searched unsuccessfully mrk pogled
like
serajko23. 10. 2011 15:59:25
Well, I'll add a pic from around 1970 myself.
Such "crampons" we made ourselves in the mornings during "shift", in the afternoons we added the wooden part from ash too. The rest of the gear also from those times. Photographed on top of Storžič.
1
like
geppo23. 10. 2011 16:18:35
This Topr backpack was practical. When stones were flying you shrugged your shoulders, bent down and already had it on your head protecting younasmeh
I still have Topr iberhose, blue pumparc and thick-ribbed velvet but that's long gone..nasmeh
like
GITA23. 10. 2011 16:35:11
I add one "archive"... my dad equipped like this Aug 1967 on top of Mont Blanc...nasmeh
1
And his ice axe from that time, which I keep as a souvenir....2
like
damijanp23. 10. 2011 16:48:30
In the early nineties we still didn't know helmets and self-belay kits, the crowd on the Triglav path was already quite big then. velik nasmeh
1
2
like
jax23. 10. 2011 16:48:59
I'm getting more and more excited about the topic... There was quite some snow on Kopinškova... I was there a few years ago and don't remember bad problems (snow but soft, I admit I don't remember such a slope).
As for damijanp's summer gear pic, I must admit - I still run exactly that gear (well, helmet on head mežikanje ). Haven't found a reason to change it yet...
like
pelican23. 10. 2011 18:52:03
JusAvgustin - did you mean those "pumps"..?
Photographed two months ago.
1
like
JusAvgustin23. 10. 2011 18:54:52
nasmeh
like
ljubitelj gora23. 10. 2011 19:02:48
@pelican
At the Czech Hut it's always nice, wherever...
like
Zebdi23. 10. 2011 20:50:40
@Juš, that Lucifer '79 doesn't surprise me that much... I'm more interested in Left Čedca, which was, if I remember correctly, climbed in 1985 - and that in a solo ascent. That must have been science fiction eek
like
katty23. 10. 2011 20:58:26
Well, let me add mine too: my dad still swears by pumps, not like the ones pelican photographed at the Czech Hut, but now from different material. Sometimes he went in similar ones as the gentleman in the picturemežikanje.
damijanp, I'd like to add this: I went to Triglav for the first time in 1992eek. Even then there was a crowd at Kredarica and indescribable on Triglav, so no real difference from today. But I have to say, we kids back then wore regular sneakersvelik nasmeh, thank God they always performed well. But really, if I think about it today, never again, since it's basic to go to the high mountains in quality mountaineering bootsnasmeh.
like
damijanp23. 10. 2011 22:02:10
Katty, that picture from Triglav was taken exactly in 1992. Maybe you're on it. mežikanje
like
Page:12345678...141516
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies