Clothing for hiking in the mountains
|
| prokofjev_28. 10. 2011 19:33:08 |
You won't regret it. Check ZS.
|
|
|
|
| martin48. 11. 2011 20:01:55 |
Legendary clothing!TRIGLAV,1973
1
|
|
|
|
| mirank8. 11. 2011 20:26:13 |
Well my gear is from the end of the 70s. Alpina shoes- right sole peeled off on Korošica so I quickly fixed the thing with help of the caretaker and spax screws for descent and retirement. As for the pants from elastic corduroy (It- Vidusi) I was so proud that I just couldn't part from them. And the hat is somewhere among gear for carnival and similar events.
|
|
|
|
| mancar18. 11. 2011 09:41:52 |
Hi, does anyone have experience with "down jacket" from Primaloft material (Warmpeace, Kibuba)? Thanks.
|
|
|
|
| klm18. 11. 2011 10:41:28 |
Very good manufacturer (Czechs), price-wise very good choice, quality workmanship. Primaloft or synthetic filling is excellent thermal insulator, so down jackets warm very well, but compared to down we sweat a lot more. Primaloft doesn't transport moisture as well. But good choice for very cold days.
|
|
|
|
| Zebdi18. 11. 2011 15:55:08 |
Personally I swear by down; I do have a synthetic down jacket too, but I use it only on those days when I go into ice and thus there's a good chance it'll get wet. For everything else down - seems lighter and insulates better to me. Regards, P.
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| JusAvgustin18. 11. 2011 16:09:50 |
halifax from Warmpeace kickass! for a good "green one" it can be in your closet! Regards, PN
|
|
|
|
| klm19. 11. 2011 14:59:44 |
Definitely I'd choose natural material over synthetic. So down over Primaloft. The cuin count depends on the conditions you'd use it in... If choosing, I'd buy from the Japanese (Montbell), same quality as Patagonia, but much, much, much cheaper including shipping from Switzerland... regarding Warmpeace the following: it can be kickass for someone, but my buddies used it on the whole climbing expedition in Pakistani Towers, and didn't "fuck up" a single seam, while on down jackets from some "renowned" French manufacturer the seams tear by themselves even before potential buyers try them on. La Sportiva was until recently fucki...good manufacturer...until recently...
|
|
|
|
| matejn20. 11. 2011 15:24:59 |
There are also several types of primaloft, and among them there's quite a big difference in "warming power" at the same filling weight. So check those specs too. But primaloft really has a useful lifespan of only about three years, depending on number of washes and how much and how often we've compressed it. After that time insulation drops to only about 30% of initial value. In my case a noticeable difference in "loft" is already visible after just three years and not after too many washes. When stuffing into backpack there's not much choice anyway.
|
|
|
|
| viharnik20. 11. 2011 16:58:03 |
It's not that bad with PrimaLoft regarding insulation loss. I have had my Berghaus PrimaLoft for about seven-eight years and after many washes and wearing in the mountains it's still fully in shape, the material has held up all these years (extreme series). It's been soaked multiple times, wet it keeps warming and isn't delicate to use. I agree with Turbo that natural materials completely outperform synthetics in terms of comfort, beneficial skin contact, warmth, human energy feeling, transmission of fine human-cosmos energies and they will regain their old-time reputation in the future. I wouldn't trade my woolen fingerless gloves from Schladming wool for any synthetic ones. They breathe extremely well and regulate heat, warm when wet, usable on their own down to -15°C. The first ones lasted 10 years and the current ones will too. We just need protectors in bad weather. Synthetic gloves are only relevant if you're a climber-alpinist for better grip. Even shoes of synthetic materials have disappointed me quite a bit with poor quality and much worse comfort compared to leather.
|
|
|
|
| ivona14. 12. 2011 19:08:06 |
I'm deciding to buy hiking clothes from the local manufacturer Gornik. Wondering if anyone has experience with their products? Best, ivona
|
|
|
|
| Kriška15. 12. 2011 09:40:58 |
Hiking pants ordered from Gornik perform excellently. When ordering (at company HQ) you can arrange changes to the model (shorter or longer legs, extra pockets, zippers, velcro). Alterations are quick, clothing price isn't excessive. In short, recommended!
|
|
|
|
| mirank15. 12. 2011 21:03:19 |
Regarding the pants, I fully confirm the above, and their shorts are super too.
|
|
|
|
| KristinaG15. 12. 2011 21:30:30 |
I too have only praise for Gornik! The pants are extremely durable, super. I have them on my butt nonstop in the hills. In winter they needed a bit of tapering and Mrs. Mojca fixed them without issue. I too warmly recommend!
|
|
|
|
| katty15. 12. 2011 22:23:47 |
Parents have been wearing Gornik pants for quite a few years now and are very enthusiastic about them. The material doesn't suit me though, but if the seamstress uses some other material, I'll come visit.
|
|
|
|
| katty4. 01. 2012 13:29:18 |
For some time I've had a desire to buy, or at least get reliable info on anti-sweat t-shirts. And I heard some time ago that in Stražišče near Kranj there's a company that makes these same t-shirts on order too. Here I forward you web links for more info: www.aktivnoperilo.si www.termal.si Best and good luck!!!
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| GregorC4. 01. 2012 13:37:15 |
I've been using products from the company that katty mentioned for a few years and can only recommend them! I use many different products (short and long sleeve t-shirts, half-pullovers and lumbar belt...).
|
|
|
|
| Loni4. 01. 2012 15:29:46 |
I also use this brand, from sports underwear onwards. First I got a bra that's dry in no time. Then gradually boxers, t-shirts, plan to get their warmer long johns too...
|
|
|
|
| urbancek4. 01. 2012 17:34:41 |
Only Craft. Haven't seen anything yet that comes up to its knees...
|
|
|
You must log in to post a comment:
If you do not yet have a username, you must first
register.